Contact South San Francisco Conference Center 255 S. Airport Blvd. South San Francisco, CA 94080 Phone: (650) 877-8787
Agendas & Minutes:
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Most Recent Agenda
About the Membership
There are nine voting members, representing the following business groups:
- South San Francisco Hotel Industry (Two representatives)
- Representatives of community or businesses in South San Francisco (Five representatives)
- South San Francisco Council members (Two representatives)
Other members include one ex-officio members, which is the Chamber of Commerce Executive Director (coterminous with employment). The Authority is staffed by the Conference Center Director, legal counsel, staff, and contractors necessary for the executive operation of the Conference Center. Find out how to apply to the Authority.
The term of each member of the Authority shall be as follows:
- City council members shall serve two-year terms. No councilmember shall continue to serve as a councilmember/commissioner after his or her term on the city council expires.
- All remaining commissioners shall serve four-year staggered terms. Initial appointments may be made for less than a full term to assure that they are appropriately staggered. Commissioners who are not city councilmembers shall be limited to three consecutive terms. For purposes of calculating consecutive terms, service of at least two years plus one day during a term shall be counted as a complete term; all prior continuous service of existing commissioners shall be counted. Upon serving the maximum number of consecutive terms, a commissioner shall not be eligible for re-appointment to the conference center authority for a period of two years.
- The city manager’s position on the commission shall be coterminous with his or her employment with the city. (Ord. 1395 § 7, 2008; Ord. 1111 § 1, 1992)
The purpose of the Authority is to manage, operate, maintain, and promote the South San Francisco Conference Center. For more information, view the SSF Municipal Code Chapter 2.78.